ANOTHER UPDATE 1st December 2020
With us reopening on the 2nd we have changed our opening hours, our new closing times are Sunday to Thursday 10pm sharp, same as before lockdown 2.0 and Friday & Saturday we will be closing at 11pm with the bar stopping serving at 10pm.
As before masks/face coverings/visors must be worn at all times unless you are sat down at your table.
When signing in you must tick whether you are a bubble or household.
We have a more substantial food offering available all day, every day.
We are now taking bookings for all times and all days, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or send us a message via our facebook or instagram to get yourself booked in, we need the date you are looking for, the time, how many, a contact number and how long you would be wanting the table for.
Also to confirm to you that as much as waiter service will be the norm for now we will not be charging a service charge to you as this is not your fault so why should you be penalised even more!
Due to the current government guidelines in relation to Coronavirus, the following laws/guidelines need to be adhered to, these are:
No children/babies are permitted in any part of the pub or garden,
Your mask / face covering must be worn as soon as you enter the pub, this can only be removed once you are sat down,
Whilst you are in the pub you must be seated at all times unless you are going to the toilet, for a cigarette or leaving, again your mask/face covering/visor must be worn whilst you are doing these actions,
You must sign in no matter if you come in everyday,
If you have the NHS COVID-19 app then you must scan in as well as sign in,
Our staff will be doing full waiter service, you are not to go to the bar for any reason, please be patient, waving your hand to get someone’s attention will not get you served quicker, more so as you will now need to be eating,
Please do use the hand sanitizers that are provided at the entrance and all around the bar,
If you do have a cough, temperature or live with someone that does then please do not come to our establishment,
Those who are exempt and smoke please do not come to our establishment, if you are genuinely exempt then you do need to book as we have very limited seating that can accommodate you without putting our staff and other guests at risk.
NOW FOR THE LESS BORING STUFF!
The Alma is tucked away from the beaten track on Alma Road, Sidcup. We pride ourselves on everything that we do and everyone is always welcome. The pub was built in 1868 and still holds many of its original Victorian features as well as having a function room and a good size garden. We offer freshly cooked pub food from Monday to Friday 12pm to 2pm with all the classics, then a reduced menu until 9pm 7 days a week. We have a fantastic wine list which gets updated seasonally and we also have a good selection of beers and ales with one of the latter having a change every couple of months along with our ever expanding spirit gin list. We are very competitively priced for what we offer. Mat's Fun Pub Quiz is on each and every Monday night at 7:00pm sharp with the winning team taking home anything from 2p to £50 plus there are mini games which wins a round of drinks for your whole team.
The Alma is a medium sized pub with two bars separated by an archway, there is also Victorian tiling at the entrance to the saloon bar. The second bar (function room) is a 1930's extension and is available for private hire, send us a message with what you are looking for, unfortunately we do not cater for 18/21 birthdays as we are a challenge 25 venue.
We ask all guests to respect the following:
• We are a Challenge 25 venue
• Children & babies are not permitted in any areas
• Dogs are not permitted in any areas
• Due to allergies and intolerances any food or drink consumed on the premises must be purchased from the bar
• All our seating is meant for sitting, not lying, putting feet on or standing on!
• Baseball/Sports caps are not permitted in any areas, we are not a sports bar
• Do not come in your dirty work clothes, you will be asked to go home and change as we offer a clean environment for everyone, more so with what is happening in the world!
• We will not tolerate any form of abuse to any of our staff, this will be dealt with severely!
• Bad attitudes are not warranted
• If you have a complaint then ask to speak to Ronnie or Mat, don’t go leaving a faceless review online, we are approachable people and would rather you left happy after a chat with us, leaving a faceless review will get a stern reply!
• No admittance on Friday’s and Saturday’s after 11pm, this includes smokers.
We have our rules in place to protect everyone and to make your experience with us a memorable one, if you do not adhere to these rules you will be asked to leave, no matter who you are, who you are with or how long you have been frequenting the pub. Repeat offenders will be barred with no hesitation.