Update 3rd October 2020
Just to confirm to you all that we will not be taking any bookings, it is all on a first come, first served basis.
Due to the current government guidelines in relation to Coronavirus, the following laws/guidelines need to be adhered to, these are:
We wil be closing at 10pm each and every night, this does not mean drinking up time, this is the time you need to be leaving by,
No children/babies are permitted in any part of the pub or garden,
Your mask / face covering must be worn as soon as you enter the pub, this can only be removed once you are sat down,
Whilst you are in the pub you must be seated at all times unless you are going to the toilet, for a cigarette or leaving, again your mask must be worn whilst you are doing these actions,
You must sign in no matter if you come in everyday,
If you have the NHS COVID-19 app then you must scan in as well as sign in,
Only 6 people are permitted to seat together be it in the pub areas or garden,
Our staff will be doing full waiter service, you are not to go to the bar for any reason, please be patient, waving your hand to get someones attention will not get you served quicker,
Please do use the hand sanitizers that are provided at the entrance and all around the bar ,
If you do have a cough, temperature or live with someone that does then please do not come to our establishment.
The Alma is tucked away from the beaten track on Alma Road, Sidcup. We pride ourselves on everything that we do and everyone is always welcome. The pub was built in 1868 and still holds many of its original Victorian features as well as having a function room and a good size garden. We offer freshly cooked pub food from Monday to Friday 12pm to 2pm with all of the classics, then a reduced menu until 9pm 7 days a week. We have a fantastic wine list which gets updated seasonally and we also have a good selection of beers and ales with one of the latter having a change every couple of months along with our ever expanding spirit gin list. We are very competitively priced for what we offer. Mat's Fun Pub Quiz is on each and every Monday night at 7:00pm sharp with the winning team taking home anything from 2p to £50 plus their are mini games which wins a round of drinks for your whole team.
The Alma is a medium sized pub with two bars separated by an archway, there is also Victorian tiling at the entrance to the saloon bar. The second bar (function room) is a 1930's extension and is available for private hire, send us a message with what you are looking for, unfortunately we do not cater for 18/21 birthdays as we are a challenge 25 venue.
We ask all guests to respect the following:
• We are a Challenge 25 venue
• Children & babies are not permitted in any areas
• Dogs are not permitted in any areas
• Due to allergies and intolerances any food or drink consumed on the premises must be purchased from the bar
• All our seating is meant for sitting, not lying, putting feet on or standing on!
• Baseball/Sports caps are not permitted in any areas, we are not a sports bar
• Do not come in your dirty work clothes, you will be asked to go home and change as we offer a clean environment for everyone
• We will not tolerate any form of abuse to any of our staff, this will be dealt with severely!
• Bad attitudes are not warranted
• If you have a complaint then ask to speak to Ronnie or Mat, don’t go leaving a faceless review online, we are approachable people and would rather you left happy after a chat with us
No admittance on Friday’s and Saturday’s after 11pm, this includes smokers.
We have our rules in place to protect everyone and to make your experience with us a memorable one, if you do not adhere to these rules you will be asked to leave, no matter who you are, who you are with or how long you have been frequenting the pub. Repeat offenders will be barred with no hesitation.