Due to the current government guidelines in relation to Coronavirus, the following guidelines need to be adhered to, these are:
No children are permitted in any part of the pub or garden
Whilst you are in the pub you must be seated at all times unless you are ordering your drink or going to the toilet
All of your glasses must be bought back to the bar, the staff are not telling you for no reason
You must sign in no matter if you come in everyday
Only 6 people are permitted to seat together be it in the pub areas or garden
Please do use the hand sanitizers that are provided at the entrance and all around the bar
If you do have a cough, temperature or live with someone that does then please do not come to our establishment
The Alma is tucked away from the beaten track on Alma Road, Sidcup. We pride ourselves on everything that we do and everyone is always welcome. The pub was built in 1868 and still holds many of its original Victorian features as well as having a function room and a good size garden. We offer freshly cooked pub food from Monday to Friday 12pm to 2pm with all of the classics. We have a fantastic wine list which gets updated seasonally and we also have a good selection of beers and ales with one of the latter having a change every couple of months along with our ever expanding spirit gin list. We are very competitively priced for what we offer. Mat's Fun Pub Quiz is on each and every Monday night at 8:00pm sharp with the winning team taking home anything from 1p to £150 plus their are mini games which wins a round of drinks for your whole team (unfortunately the quiz is on hold for now and will hopefully restart in September).
The Alma is a medium sized pub with two bars separated by an archway, there is also Victorian tiling at the entrance to the saloon bar. The second bar (function room) is a 1930's extension and is available for private hire, send us a message with what you are looking for, unfortunately we do not cater for 18/21 birthdays as we are a challenge 25 venue.
We ask all guests to respect the following:
• We are a Challenge 25 venue
• Children are permitted in the Public and Saloon bar areas only until 5pm
• During your visit children must be supervised at all times and they must not be seated at the bar
• No Pushchairs, Buggies or Prams are permitted in any area of the pub
• Due to allergies and intolerances any food or drink consumed on the premises must be purchased from the bar
• All our seating is meant for sitting, not lying, putting feet on or standing on!
• Baseball/Sports caps are not permitted in any areas, we are not a sports bar
• Do not come in your dirty work clothes, you will be asked to go home and change as we offer a clean environment for everyone
• We will not tolerate any form of abuse to any of our staff, this will be dealt with severely!
• Bad attitudes are not warranted
• If you have a complaint then ask to speak to Ronnie or Mat, don’t go leaving a faceless review online, we are approachable people and would rather you left happy after a chat with us
No admittance on Friday’s and Saturday’s after 11pm & No dogs allowed either in the pub or in the garden at any time
We have our rules in place to protect everyone and to make your experience with us a memorable one, if you do not adhere to these rules you will be asked to leave, no matter who you are, who you are with or how long you have been frequenting the pub. Repeat offenders will be barred with no hesitation. If the timings for children are ignored, then we will have to say no to all children which would be a shame. We are a drinkers Pub, not a creche/playground!